Great Day to You, Friday Fun Facters!
2011 Goals Review: If you haven’t noticed, we’ve almost reached the end of 2011. So, it is time to find the goals list you created for this year, dust it off, and review. Hopefully, you did well! Learn from your successes, and learn more from your challenges…
2012 Goals Submission: Funny how the end of 2011 will suddenly bring on 2012. Or, at least we hope. Make sure to submit one goal to Friday Fun Fact for review by our readership! Be the one to inspire others to greatness in the coming year!
It’s Duck Season! It’s Wabbit Season!: No, it’s Bowl Season! College Bowl Season kicks off today w/the much-heralded Gildan New Mexico Bowl. And then, we’re off to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl followed by the New Orleans Bowl. Uh, has ANYONE heard of these Bowl games?!
The Holiday gift giving season is well under way. If you haven’t noticed, don’t go shopping – anywhere. At this point, it may even be too crowded to shop online!
But, you know, there’s one jolly guy who never has this problem. Santa Claus – supposedly – never has to wait in those lines, and he seems to know exactly what you want. At least, until he doesn’t…
On this day when NorthEastern Ohio is starting to look like Christmas & the dreaded winter season, Friday Fun Fact thought it would be appropriate to review some not-so-quality gift ideas. If you get any of these gifts, then Santa must’ve been drinking…
- Personalized Socks. This could be one of the more underwhelming gifts one can give or receive. There’s a lot of work involved to watch a courteous reaction. If you’re going to go this route, my suggestion is not to get the gold-linted version – they scratch a little.
- Ties. Unless you have a quality creative sense, and know the style of the recipient, you might want to come up with another idea. This one screams back of the closet – that’s exactly where it’s going to be when the gifts are put away later.
- Perfect Meatloaf Pan. This may go for almost everything in the “As Seen On TV” department, with the Bedazzler being the one notable exception (Special Note I: This one’s for you Brother Dave! Everyone should have a Bedazzler!).
Look, there is no such thing as a perfect meatloaf, at least not that I’ve ever seen. And here’s the more important thing: if the meatloaf is perfect, it certainly is NOT because of the pan. (Special Note II: I am sure the cooks in our Readership will be commenting on meatloaf recipes!)
- Fast Food Gift Certificates (Special Note III: Wait… RobC is already filing a complaint with The Committee on this one.). I like a fast food burger that’s been slow-roasted on the burger warmer after it’s been cooked just as much as the next guy. However, in this day & age of healthier eating, fast food gift certificates aren’t exactly an “in” gift. So, unless you are giving these to a fast food junkie, then our suggestion is to up the ante to at least a good sit-down meal, like a BP Subway card.
- Fruit Cake. If this idea is even remotely crawling around your head, just recall ol’ Aunt Edna when she told Clark Griswold “It made me so sick!”
In this case, you’ll be better off baking and giving BAD cookies than fruit cake. (Special Note IV: Are we going to hear anything from our resident chefs on this one?!)
- Ugly Christmas Sweater. Yes, we know this is all the rage right now. People are having “Ugly Christmas Sweater” parties. When did these things become hip?! The ONLY GOOD THING about this gift is that it has a limited appropriate time frame of use. Otherwise, it’s completely inappropriate. I remember one year I got a not-so-attractive shirt from a girlfriend’s parents – even she didn’t like it! However, the good boyfriend I was, I made sure to embarrass myself every now and then by wearing it to a family function. Now, it’s a fond memory. But an ugly Christmas sweater will never be a fond memory. Never…
If you got any of these gifts for Christmas, you now know that Santa must’ve been drinking. I’d start drinking with him if you have to before you have to wear or indulge in any of them…
You’re best bet: just give BEER!
Tunes of the Week:
Redneck 12 Days Of Christmas – Jeff Foxworthy
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer – Elmo & Patsy
I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas – Gayle Peevey
Nuttin’ For Christmas – Stan Freeberg
Grandpa Got Run Over By A John Deere – Cledus T. Judd
Raise A Merry Glass!
May Your Friday Be Followed By A Saturday, and now, A Sunday!
Realizar Sus Ambiciones